Ingredients (for 4 servings):
- 500g of beef tube bones
- 200g of oxtail bones (if any)
- 500g of delicious beef meat
- 400 g of dry phở noodles: (1 package of dry phở noodles from A.T. International contains 400g)
- 1 onion
- 10g of fresh ginger
- 1 branch of cinnamon,
- 2-3 pieces of star anise
- 1 seed of cardamom
- green onions, coriander, water mint
- Sugar, salt, MSG
- Chilli peppers, fresh lemon
- Chop beef bones and oxtail to smaller pieces and then wash them clean. After put them with thebeef meat into the pot with submerged water.
- Grill the cinnamon, star anise, cardamom, ginger and onion over low flame. Then peel off the skin, get rid of any burnt sides and crush them slightly.Place them in the pot to boil with bonesand add 2 teaspoons of salt. Once the water starts boiling, skim off foam and then reduce heat to simmer for another 2 hours.
- Once grease accumulates on the surface, take it out. Then take out the beef meat to cool down and then slice them finely.
- Season the broth with sugar, salt, MSG according to your taste and continue to cook over low heat.
- Wash clean green onions, coriander, water mint and chop them finely. Leave the base of the green onions at 10 cm length and boil them briefly, then take them out and set aside.
- Soak dry phở noodles in lukewarm water for 20 minutes. After, take them out and rinse cold water over to prevent sticking. Then leave them to drain. Bring water to boil in a separate pot and thenadd phở noodles. Continue boiling until phở noodles are tender, then take them out and drain them again.
- Put phở noodles in a bowl, and add the chicken meat on the top. Sprinkle with finely chipped green onion, corriander and also the boiled green onion-base. Pour the chicken-pork broth over the content in the bowl.
- Phở is best served hot, with added fish sauce, fresh lemon and chilli peppers according to your taste.