- 300g of minced pork meat
- 50g of glass noodles
- 10g of wood ear fungus
- 30 pieces ofrice paper (size 18 - 22 cm)
- 150 g og peeled shrimps
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion
- 2 turnip cabbages
- 1 carrot
- Black pepper, fish sauce, MSG
- Garlic, sugar, vinegar, fresh chilli
- Frying oil
Method for making spring rolls:
- Wash peeled shrimps in salt water and then leave them to dry up. After chop them in thin slices.
- Soak glass noodles and wood ear fungus in water, in separate containers. Sorghum for about 20 minutes, then drain the water. Cut glass noodles to 1 cm long and chop the fungus into slices.
- Peel the skin of turnip cabbages and carrot and then wash them clean. Chop them in 2 cm long & thin slides. Then chop the onion into fine pieces.
- Mix all the above ingredients with minced pork. Add 1 tablespoon of fish sauce, salt, eggs, black pepper and stir well.
- Damp the rice paper with water (add beer into the water to make the summer rolls more crispy), and then place it on a flat cutting board. Place about 2 tablespoons of the mix in the middle of the rice paper and start rolling. Roll it moderately tight, making it 7-8 cm long.
- Heat up the frying pan with oil in it and slowly drop rolls in the pan one by one. Fry at medium heat for about 10 minutes until the rolls turn golden brown. Then take them out for serving.
Method for making dipping sauce:
- Peel garlic cloves and then wash them clean. Get rid of the seeds of the fresh chilli and wash them clean. Chop the garlic and chillis into fine pieces.
- Pour 500ml of drinking water into a bowl and add 3 tablespoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons of vinegar and 2 tablespoons fish sauce. Mix well and add more sugar, vinegar and fish sauce according to your taste.
- Summer rolls are served with dipping sauce hot. Additionally, raw vegetables and vermicelli noodles are served.