Summer fresh rolls
- Rice paper, edible kind (size 16cm)
- 200g of peeled shrimp
- 3 eggs
- 200g of dry vermicelli noodles
- 1 cucumber
- Green onions, coriander, water mint
- Salt, sauce, vinegar, chilli peppers
Method for making summer rolls:
- Wash peeled shrimpsin salt water and then boil them till cooked. Rinsethem and slice in half.
- Beat the eggs with salt and a teaspoon of fish sauce. Make very thin egg omelettes on a frying pan, over medium heat to ensure that the omelette colours remains golden yellow. Leave the egg omelettes to cool, then cut into thin slices.
- Wash the coriander and water mint, then leave them on a plate aside. Wash the green onions and cut them into 7 cm long pieces.
- Wash cucumbers andcut into thin slices about 7 cm long
- Soak dry vermicelli noodles in lukewarm water for 15 minutes. Boil water in a pot, add thevermicelli noodles and then cook over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Picked vermicelli noodles out, just rinse through with cold water to prevent noodles sticking together. Drain them and serve on a plate.
- Pour about 200ml of lukewarm water into the deep plate. Dip rice paper in water to damp the rice paper. Then drainthe water and put it on the cutting block. Add some vermicelli noodles, some sliced omelette, some slices of cucumber, 3 pieces of shrimp and herbs on the rice paper. Roll it moderately tight, making it 7-8 cm long.
Method for making dipping sauce:
- Peel garlic cloves and then wash them clean. Get rid of the seeds of the fresh chilli and wash them clean. Chop the garlic and chillis into fine pieces.
- Pour 500ml of drinking water into a bowl and add 3 tablespoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons of vinegar and 2 tablespoons fish sauce. Mix well and add more sugar, vinegar and fish sauce according to your taste.
- Summer rolls are served with dipping sauce hot. Additionally, raw vegetables and vermicelli noodles are served.